Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Oct 30, 2013, pretty much of a bust!

I was unable to come up with a title for today's events, since the events of the day covers so much ground.

Now that Deer season has closed, with Karen not seeing anything to shoot. Now granted, she didn't put in much effort, since we still had venison in the freezer. Now of course the heat is off, and they are all over the place.

 He is kind of a nice one, even though he is only a three x three. Of course the Rut starts sometime in the next week or so, and that is why he is so bold. When it only happens once a year, you want to be ready.

We have recovered from our trip to the OFA Meet, so I picked up Yogi to see if we on our own could find any Rabbits. I also thought to take my rifle along just in case I could call up a Coyote. Well that didn't happen, so after giving it a good 40 minutes, and only irritating a lady's Dog on a farm about a half mile away.

I went back to the truck, and moved a bit further back into the lava flow to see if there were any Jacks back there. Yogi and I put in about 2 hours walking all through the Sage, and managed to jump about 4 Jacks. They were busting more that a hundred yards ahead of us, so our chances were doomed to begin with.

Yogi got so desperate to find something that she began prospecting on her own.


 Of course I didn't have the heart to tell her that she was wasting her time.

https://vimeo.com/78205742    password- owyheeflyer

After writing this part of the day up, I loaded up Jessie to see if we could kill a Duck. The short answer is no, she still doesn't want to play. Sigh! It looks like its going to be an interesting year. :-/


No comments:

Post a Comment