Sunday, November 29, 2015

Still resisting

Jessie this afternoon weighed in at 852. I hoped that she would take the hint and get with the program. Unfortunately that was not to be.

There was a Prairie Falcon sitting on the fence line going to the Lake. I was pretty sure that would spell a mess with it interfering with Jessie if she did want to catch something. Thankfully that did not happen, as the Falcon flew off to the North, and we never saw her again.

I turned Jess loose and she showed signs that she was going to hunt this time. She took a fair pitch over the pond, and I began to walk down towards the Ducks. She was right over the pond for about 5 circles, Then as I neared the pond she flew wide, and some of the Ducks seeing their opportunity, slipped out of the far end. Jessie made a long sloping attack, but was too late to get one over the dry ground. She eventually tried to grab one in the butt as it was going through the trees surrounding the pond.

She just fooled around after that, flying low and strafing the Ducks on the water. We stood on the hill and let her fly until she got tired and sat down. She took to the air several more times, but never really showed that she was wanting to do any thing.

She eventually started circling me, so I gave her the lure, feeding her a Quail leg and half of a breast. We brought her home and put her on her inside perch. Several hours later I gave her the back and the guts of the quail. She will again lose some more weight, I just don't want her to lose too much. We were -4 last night, and will likely be the same tonight.

I am not sure why I didn't just do all this in the first place, but hope and stupidity springs eternal.

No comments:

Post a Comment