Thursday, June 16, 2016

Day 45 - 46



Yesterday, the 15th I took Lee outside and put him in the window. It didn't take long and he was over on the old BBQ, then to the spare tire on the 5th wheel. Then on the hanger and weathering area roof. He played there most of the day eventually moving to the roof of the house. He showed signs that he wanted to come to me, but did not. I did go out and gave him a bit of Quail for lunch. A storm came up and he took refuge under the overhang of the hanger roof. Finally around 6 PM I went out to offer him my fist and he ran down the roof to me. I brought him in and tied him to his playpen perch. He spent the rest of the day and night in quiet contentment.



This morning (16th) I gave him half a Quail for breakfast as I have done all along. He ate a bit, not near enough for my liking, and got back up on his perch. The day had dawned looking great. A bit cool at 41 degrees. I took all his jesses off and took him outside, sitting him on the BBQ. I went back in, fixed my own breakfast, and did a bit of reading while listening to the crap going on around the country.

When I got up to check on Lee, he was nowhere to be seen. I went looking and was quite surprised to see where he had gone.





The pool cover had puddles of yesterday's rain, and Lee was happily flopping around in them getting as wet as he could. He eventually made his way back to the BBQ to dry.

I went back in the house to return to my reading and coffee. As I do often, I went to check on Lee. I opened the window in front of the Hot Tub and was talking to Lee, still on the BBQ. When he saw me, he began peeping and flew over to the ground in front of the window. With my encouragement he leapfrogged up various things until he could get to the window sill. He then jumped on my fist and we went back to my chair inside.



Brick took the opportunity to study Lee some more, and get a bit of love along the way.




It didn't take Lee long to close his eyes, lift up one foot, and relax. I eventually put him on his perch again where he is now sleeping.

I was surprised that he searched out the water on the cover and took another bath. Prairies are not known to be fond of bathing. After all they are true Desert Falcons, and rarely take more than a dust bath in their natural habitat.

I put him on his perch and he promptly went to sleep. He stayed for quite a long time at least until it warmed up a bit. When he woke and started to get restless, so I put him back outside on the Hot tub cover.

https://vimeo.com/170991472  password- owyheeflyer

I made this video of the first part of his outside adventure, and came back in the house, as it was still a bit cool. About an hour or so later he flew up to the dining room window. Josie had killed a Pack Rat, and I had put it in the window, promptly forgetting it. He was dragging it around and trying to find some way to open it up. I gave him the rest of his Quail, and left him there. After finishing it he came back in and went to sleep again.

No comments:

Post a Comment