Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Day 72


I added a handle to cover the exposed screw.

Yesterday Lee skipped his breakfast. I went out to check on him, and could only get a faint signal across the hill towards the Ranch next door. I went out far enough away from the buildings here so that I could be sure that he wasn't just laying on his antenna. The signal would come up strong and then fade as it does when the bird is flying. He was over the hill for sure. This is a lot further than I have recorded him flying before. Around 4 PM he showed up starving, so I gave him the lure and fed him his final meal for the day. It was way too early to put him in the house, so I decided to perch him with the big birds for a change and see how he was going to like that. He seemed to be quite content, so I left him there until I put Jesse up for the night. It was the best and quietest evening that he has spent since he has grown up.

This morning he was on fire to go out. He paid no attention to Karen, but when I got up and he saw me, his enabler, he was jumping up and down with impatience. He made a bee line for the Motor home as a launching point for his chicken attacks.

After my breakfast, Karen and I decided to go for our walk down the runway. Lee began by strafing the dogs, then he started riding the early morning thermals. He is so lightly wing loaded that he had no problem going up. I tried to get some video, but the camera will not focus on infinity. He went high enough that he was blinking in and out of my sight, He drifted a bit downwind, but soon went into a shallow dive back toward us and on over the hill to the Ranch next door.

When we got back, he had also returned and was waiting for his breakfast.

 https://vimeo.com/174396105   password    owyheeflyer

No comments:

Post a Comment