Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Hope's second bag

I finished and uploaded a video that I took on Sunday of a flight to Micky Basin.   https://vimeo.com/182499620  password owyheeflyer

Today was the second day since shooting a Jack for Hope. I of course didn't feed her yesterday. Today she weighed 932 grams. I loaded her and as many of our visitors that the Subaru would hold to further her education.



It didn't take long to find a volunteer

Roger wounded one and I was surprised that Hope wasn't sure she could catch it. I walked up on it at least twice with her leaning forward, but still not starting an attack. It took refuge in a Sage bush, and then she dove in and grabbed it.


Then of course she wanted to drag it away. I eventually tore the skin off a front leg, and she dug in.



She seemed to want to take it away until I began giving her tidbits. I then picked her up with a front leg. Once she was on the fist I also gave her a back leg to eat while we walked to the car.

No comments:

Post a Comment