Thursday, September 29, 2016

Sept 29 - Its not over till the fat bunny sings!

I decided earlier that I would take her out this evening and see if watching the Jacks make their trek to the water in the last fading light would give her a kick to catch something to eat. Since Deer season is Saturday and some of the areas that I hunt are also hunted for Deer too. It would be nice to not have to hunt during all that.

After finishing the blog and dinner this evening and the shadows grew longer, I went out to get her. She weighed 920 grams. I walked out to the hot tub where the chairs are, and she thought that we were going to fly to the fist again.



I finally tossed my glove on the Hot tub so that she wouldn't fly to me any more, and she began to foot and toss the glove all over the tub.

Eventually I got her to sit on the fist and was watching the first Jack start down to the water. It was getting darker all the time, and he managed to make the trip to the water without interference from her. I got up and walked around the corner of the Rose bush at the front of the house. There were three Rabbits, two Jacks and a Bunny. As they broke and ran, she of course went for the Bunny. When she turns on, she gives the appearance that she might be crossed with a Gos. She has acceleration like I cannot recall with the other Harris's that I have seen fly. She had to fly out of the gate and turn to the left. She did so with enthusiasm, a loud bang followed. When I arrived she came out of the wood shed holding the Bunny. I killed it, and with much excitement on her part we retired to the hot tub to eat her fill.



Of course Karen bemoaned the demise of the Bunny. I informed her that was why we had protected him for so long.

No comments:

Post a Comment