Thursday, June 1, 2017

Flight to Big Grassy

https://vimeo.com/219800134    password -        owyheeflyer

This is a flight to Big Grassy which is about 39 miles to the East of the house. I flew high for a change in the hopes that the bigger view would be better. Unfortunately it was a bit hazy and the camera isn't capable of cutting through all of it. Again I was struck with how much water there is every where. The Cheat grass is maturing and every thing is turning red. The foliage at the higher altitudes is a little slower to mature, and therefore greener.

The air was quite smooth so the video is sped up 2.25 times faster than my little plane flies. Its a little jerkier, but you get to see more of the country that way. There is an annoying flutter to the sound track that I could not find or eliminate- sorry!

I once had an acquaintance that scolded me for making the feral horse's run with my plane. That in turn annoyed me enough that I no longer correspond with him. The reason that it bothered me so much is obvious in this video. I am at least a thousand feet above the horses, but they still ran like hell for the rougher country. Perhaps my motor sounds similar to the copters that they use to herd them with.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment