Tuesday, September 11, 2018

Sept Fly-in

Each Sept Karen and I would host a fly in for our friends. Every one, flyer or not, was always welcome. We would all get together for a party that would last close to a week. It was a great time for all of us and Karen and I looked forward to it probably more than anyone. Then when every one would leave it would take us a week or more to get used to the quiet, and the empty feeling. It was a bit like our kids had come home for a family reunion. I chose this time to scatter Karen' ashes so that our family could be here to perhaps get some closure as well. Each and every one held a place in our heart.

The day finally arrived and it was time for Karen to take her last airplane ride. You see Karen hated to fly. She liked the planes, but both the times I got her in mine she never lasted longer than the time it took to turn around and land again, and to my knowledge she never opened her eyes. I had a joke that I wanted to take her ashes up to 10,000 feet and kick her out as revenge, but decided that I really wanted her ashes closer to me.

We had quite a gathering here for the flight, and a very nice and fun BBQ afterward, as well as a good cry.

I have put together a short video of the actual flight as well as some photo's. 


Karen's obit       Password      owyheeflyer


4 comments:

  1. Very touching tribute, Larry, & I never got to meet Karen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Larry - It's obvious that Karen had an impact on many lives. You did a beautiful job creating this tribute. I'm certain that Karen would approve with a big smile and impressive dimples! Love and warmth to you - Joyce

    ReplyDelete
  3. Larry I sit here with tears in my eyes.You did an exceptional job on Karen's tribute. I admire your strength in producing this.I will never forget Karen as she will always be remembered. Thank you for including both Joyce and I on this day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Grateful, Thankful, Heart full of Love.... Peace be with you sister, I'll see you on the flip side..... I knew this would be a tribute that touched us all, Love you Larry

    ReplyDelete