Saturday, November 23, 2019

Nov 23rd

My cousin, Lowell Davis and his lady, Nancy, were on their way back home after a few weeks in Death Valley. They stopped here for the evening. Due to the approaching storms and colder weather he wanted to winterize his travel trailer before he got into the snow zone at McCall.  It didn't take long before the chore was finished.  Since it was Hope's day to go hunting,  he and Nancy wanted to go Hawking again with Hope. So all four of us, (Connie was here as well) loaded up for the trip to Arock.

I went this time to the same field that she killed the last Jack in the first 5 minutes of the hunt. My theory being that we really didn't stir the field up all that much, so it followed that I could hunt it again.





The Sage is quite a bit higher than I like and we only managed 4 slips at Jacks, all of which managed to out maneuver her. After walking for quite a while, I decided to change fields.  We crossed the fence and walked about 100 yards when a Jack jumped about 20 yards away. She missed him on the first strike, but got back in the air and nailed him about 10 yards from the first attempt. She had him by the right front shoulder and he was taking her for a ride around the Sage with him trying to find something to scrape her off, but I got there first and grabbed him as he tried to get by me.

I was a bit close to the action, so Connie took a picture of me trying to take a picture.


As you can see he suffered some damage in the fight.


Nancy took a few pictures with her phone, and gave a bit more perspective.



This Hawk continues to amaze and please me every time I take her out. She is all business.






1 comment:

  1. Hope and Chili are both the same in the respect they are all about business in the field. Putting these two together in a cast means something is going to end up on the dinner plate. To bad you and Pat don't live closer so you two could enjoy watching your birds work together.

    ReplyDelete