Friday, October 30, 2020

Oct 30- Hope

 It warmed to 29 degrees by 9 AM, so I shamed myself into going hunting. Getting to be a wimp I guess. my main problem is holding a cold pvc pipe that makes up my Tee Perch. So I went through my supply of gloves until I found one that was warm, but supple enough that I could handle my Tee Perch without my fingers going numb. 

The dogs really get depressed when they are not able to go hunting with me. Of course with company and a strange hawk not used to my dogs, they are not going to get to go. I am always amazed that two dogs sleeping in different parts of the house, who have to be yelled at to go outside before bed, can hear the insignificant beep that their shock collars make when activated. I can't remember when I last activated the function that would deliver a shock to one of them, but I do use the call function that just beeps rather than shocks. Josie is my main problem in that she wants to range out till she finds something. I don't know how many dog trainers bust their butts trying to get their dogs to range further and here I am pulling my thinning hair out trying to keep Josie in close :-/

Hope was up a bit in weight, ( 970 ) but she seems comfortable and still anxious to hunt. I decided to hunt here, again. Fortunately there are just as many Jacks in the Sage around here as there are 25 miles away, so I get to save some gas and time.

Hope had slips at 5 different Jacks, some three or four different times before she connected with one. It decided to cut back behind us, but Hope was too fast for him. 



Checking my phone when I got back, I found that we had only walked 2.57 miles. Not bad for just out of the back door of the house.

No comments:

Post a Comment