Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Leeza's third day

I put Leeza in a playpen that we used for falcon babies, and she is where she can see the TV and every body in the room.



Leeza cast up a pellet from what her parents have been feeding her. I was pleased to note that there did not appear to be any Lizard skins in there. I will take it apart when it dries enough to see what they are eating.



We had to go to town yesterday so we fed her all she would eat before we left. We had to feed her with forceps. Karen made the mistake of "chupping" to her in falcon mom language, and she began to quietly whine in return. Karen stopped that immediately.




When we returned I began trying to get her to eat off a plate with some success. As the evening progressed, I took her out of the pen and put her in my lap. Of course the dogs and cats are very interested in her, and both can be observed studying each other. Brick especially would like to be able to sniff her, and he will occasionally whine in frustration. While she was in my lap she took several bites of food on her own, and soon indicated her desire to sleep.



This morning it would appear as though her feathers have grown about a 1/4 or more of an inch. I put some food in front of her, and raised a bit of it up to her, and she bit at the food. I left it in front of her and it did not take very long before she was eating on her own. Today she has eaten on her own every two or three hours.

At the age that I took her it is not likely that she will imprint, but she can be made vocal if she gets used to eating from the hand. I don't remember a baby beginning to eat on their own this fast before. Even though my not remembering something is not unusual, it would appear that even so she is learning very very fast.

Each evening I will put her in my lap for as long as she seems content.

No comments:

Post a Comment