Sunday, June 26, 2016

Day 56

Lee- Zard is at the stage where every day brings something new and different. His attitude is changing, he is becoming more and more independent. He is also beginning to chase stuff. No where near serious, but it fun to see, He needs us and our interaction now only first thing in the morning and the last thing at night. That of course is his feeding times. I don't believe that he has left the immediate area yet, but several times I haven't been able to find him. The battery died in the transmitter that I have on him, so that doesn't help. I have a new one with a range of about 50 miles that I am going to try to put on him tonight. Not sure how he is going to react, well, let me retract that. I am not sure how the longer antenna is going to last when I put the new one on him.

I let him out this morning after he ate a bit, and did a few things, both here and over at Tami's place. I had to go over to check the progress of Jasper, ( Tami's old Kestrel) and see how old they were. It appears as though they brought off 4 babies that are about the same stage as Lee.

When I got back it was time for the dogs to take me for a walk down the runway.  We started out heading up the runway and Lee was sitting on the hangar. He had been talking to me a bit, but I ignored him and went on my way. I got to the turn to go up the hill, and the little #$%#@* smacked me right in the right ear. He wobbled off a bit shaky with all my invective causing some turbulence I am sure, but he maintained flight and went back to the hangar. I think he misjudged a bit and crashed into me rather than the sizzling fly by that he intended. I say that because I wasn't bleeding anywhere, but I still have a stiff neck. If he had struck me as they do, then I would have had some cuts somewhere on my neck and ears. Still a pound of bird at about 35 MPH can make an impression.


No comments:

Post a Comment