Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Day 58

Lee this morning was pretty anxious to get outside and did not eat very much of his breakfast. I don't blame him, with the temps getting into the high 99 to 100 degrees, its best to do what you need to do early, then take a siesta during the heat of the day.

I went out to do my morning chores, and found a Pack Rat had tried to take up residence in the Duck Pen. Unfortunately he had a weakness for Peanut butter, so his residence was pretty short. I introduced him to my little friend Josie who was very happy to see him. Tiger and Lee gathered to watch the action.

Karen and I then went for our walk with me keeping a wary eye on my back trail to make sure that no attempts were to be made for misguided fly by's.

We had just finished breakfast and was watching the news when we heard a bang on the back door. Lee wanted in to get a bit more to eat. He has done this the last two days, rather than land on his window ledge, he wants in the door. Karen let him in and picked him up while I was thawing more Quail. He finished the half of a Quail that I had given him earlier. He then made himself comfortable on his perch and is still sleeping and resting through the main heat of the day. It is now one PM and he wisely is staying right there where it is cool.

I had some questions about how I intended to use a drone for my training. Here is a video of the basics of it.

https://vimeo.com/172611594  password    owyheeflyer

The drone is capable of setting limits on how high, and how wide the drone is allowed to go. There is a computer program that you can set those limits. The drone is difficult to know if it is 2oo feet or 400 feet. The computer program takes care of that, so all I have to do is set the limits, give it power and it goes to that height and will stay there until I either bring it back or just flick a switch and it will return and land from the spot that it started from. I don't even need to hold the transmitter.

The lure has a 24 inch parachute attached to the weed eater line secured to the drone. The falcon can go anywhere unhindered except by the parachute. The parachute merely keeps a raptor from flying off somewhere with the food.


No comments:

Post a Comment