Thursday, August 8, 2019

A tour of the rest of the Park

This one is a bit out of order. It was the first day that Connie had off work, and I wanted to see the rest of the park, before we did that much hiking. I came in on the West side and saw Lake McDonald. The other lodges were Many Glacier and 2 Medicine.

 This area is "Many Glacier", and North of Raising Sun .

 These Lodges were built in the Swiss style by the Great Northern Rail Road Company



I looked through the history of the lodges and they claim that the timbers and most of the wood came from the park itself. I found that interesting since no where did I see any trees as big as these.











Next Two Medicine area at the South end (generally speaking) of the park is where the Main Lodge and the Rail Road terminal are located.

We had to go through some road construction to get to 2 Medicine, it seems they are rebuilding the road to get there. As usual the Mountains captured my attention. I kept expecting to see a herd of Elk.








As I understand it this is the main Lodge.


The Rail Terminus is just across the road from the Lodge.



This is
Rocky, the mascot for the Great Northern.

This is the Guy who started it all and it is a bit like "legend" to me, since I spent 30 years working on the result of the mergers of all the Railroads, Starting with the original being Great Northern RR.




1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful, and interesting, area. Enjoyed hearing and seeing. Did you find any elk?

    ReplyDelete