Monday, August 5, 2019

Hidden Lake

For our first hike we choose to go to Hidden Lake at the top of Logan Pass. It appeared to be a rather easy hike of only about 1.5 miles or a bit more. The only thing that I forgot to notice was the boardwalk that extended across most of the valley. It turned out to be the perfect exercise routine of endless steps. Not so bad going, but coming back and doing all those steps down was just what the Dr ordered- for sore knees that is. Actually we both did quite well, but a different hike would have found us better prepared.

There were quite a few Goats on the way and a few Big Horns, but the primary species was the Goats. As we went further, word came filtering back that a Grizzly was near the trail. When we got closer I asked an older gentleman if he had seen the Bear. He told me that it had been below the trail and appeared to smell the Goats. When it did it came running up the hill after them, trying for one of the kids, but they had grown enough that they could keep out of his reach. The bear eventually gave up the chase and moved across the valley apparently settling for Squirrels. Apparently the scarcity of   Goat Kids was due to the Grizzly's depredations.

I took a lot of pictures of the area and the flowers and apparently most every thing that captured my attention.



































After all the walking that we did, and of course a little "grousing" about the number of steps, imagine my surprise when these two came waltzing up the trail. I wasn't able to determine if she was wearing heels or not, but after all this I hope they put that much effort in sustaining their marriage. 







The flowers were every where, and kept intensifying as the days went on. Connie kept wanting me to get down on the same level as the flowers. I refused not being sure I could get back up again. 



No comments:

Post a Comment