Monday, October 3, 2022

A further elaboration!

 I orginally started this blog to keep my Mother and Sister updated on what was happening in my world. It was begun to showcase the hidden terrain of the High Desert, also known as the Sagebrush Sea. As time passed others liked the pictures and asked to be added. Some were friends that our paths had crossed at one time or another, the rest just came along for the pictures. The stories varied due to the seasons. Fall was training and hunting of the Hawks, Spring and Summer was different areas that I visited with my plane. I had always felt that my little insights into the Raptors and the terrain were worthy of your time to read them. Things changed with Karen's death. I no longer felt that I could risk my "critters" being left here in case I didn't come back from one of those trips, and of course I had visited all the "beauty spots" before and there didn't seem to be much to add. I quit the long flights, and stayed home. I have comptemplated discontinuing the blog as I didn't feel that there was much that anyone would look forward to reading. 

However there is one subject that could be expounded upon that may interest some of you. Those of you who know me personally seem to be more than a little surprised in my recent acquisition of a new mate. It little matters that it is probably amazement on most of your parts. I share that wonderment as well. Let me see if I can answer some of your questions.

Senior dating can be as fraught with peril as any exercise in human relations. I will explore some of my finding to you.

In the first place, I had a positive marriage to Karen, and the benefits of that was something that I wanted to duplicate if at all possible. The first step towards that was an attempt to find Brenda again. We had known each other since she was about 6 yrs old, and I knew that she had had some bad marriages's and was still interested in me. I didn't remember what her last married name was and the only contact that I had was a childhood friend in the same area that she had lived. He did not know what had happened with her, and was no help. So then the only recourse was dating sites.

I soon found that there was two different goals for women. The divorce'es were trying to relive their "glory years" and experience the things that they had missed by being tied down with their children and boring husbands, and basically looking for their Prince Charming. All were interested in travelling and having fun. 

The widows were looking for a stable life style with a guy that could give them some security and perhaps not be an asshole. However none of them were willing to live in SE Oregon's High Desert. Of course that was what I wanted and needed.

Brenda  knew that Karen had died, but waited three years before she thought it was appropiate to call me. Had she been older when I left WVa, my life would have most likely been different. 

If I had to guess,  I would bet that those of you who know me well are amazed that she would get rid of every thing and drive across country by herself to join me here in the "garden spot of Eastern Oregon". I haven't yet decided if that amazement is due to the country or that they know me so well?

Brenda's last husband died about 13 years ago, and she had lived alone since then. I sense that  those of you who know me well are a bit amazed that a woman such as her could commit to a life in the middle of nowhere with a man such as me, a veritable paragon of virtue and positive thinking. I can only attribute it to the fact that so far she has only experienced males that were the personification of "Masculine superiority" and by comparison I appear as a Loving Teddy bear. Lets hope that I can keep up the act. If all you have ever known is a physcopath, it seems to be normal.



1 comment: