Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Free, Free at last!

Sorry, I couldn't help the title. Hope flew free today and did just great. She never considered the fact that she might not have been tied any more. That is a good thing because the transmitter that I thought that I had clipped into her center deck was lying in the yard. :-/

I have decided to start leaving her outside from now on. One consideration is that I am going to be having a house full of friends in just a few days. Our fall fly-in will be off the ground beginning tomorrow. Its not for Hope's sake that I am moving her, merely because I need the space.

I built a partition this morning so that I can feed Jessie without torturing Hope.



Much better! While I was keeping Hope in the house it wasn't a problem, but its time for her to go outside. She will burn more food with the cooler temps.

When I fed Hope Monday night, I fed her all she could hold, then tied her to her outside perch. I left her out until this morning, when I wanted to feed Jessie. I was pleased to note that she weighed just under 900 grams. After finishing the partition, I picked her up to continue her lessons. Karen and I had installed a tail fitting on her center deck feather the first thing when we got her. I asked John H to hold her while I tried to clip the transmitter in the clip, and thought that I had done so.  However after turning her loose and jumping her to the fist and calling her several times, interrupted by the Fed EX lady, I discovered that the transmitter was lying on the lawn. Oh well, sometimes you get lucky.

I am somehow going to have to lock the cat up each time I fly Hope. The Damn Cat wants to follow us around as if he could somehow help. Hope has so far ignored him, but that isn't going to last.

I still think that Hope is still a bit low. She has a tendency to hold onto my glove fingers and not letting go, Today I just tossed a tidbit on the ground to get her to let go. In all the times that I called her to the fist, she never hesitated for a fraction of a second. I tossed the lure for her, and she was on it as soon as I threw it. There is always a tendency for them to not want to let the lure go. I overcame that by tossing tidbits out in front of her.

We have been noticing that the outside Cat food has been disappearing at a seriously fast rate. I put two trail cameras out there and found that it takes a bit over 10 hours and 1, 274 trips to transfer 1/2 a gallon of cat food to the attic of the "Cat House". Judgement day is coming!

No comments:

Post a Comment