Thursday, September 8, 2016

Payback

I noticed that I forgot to mention that the Cat Food bandit was a pack Rat. I set a live trap in the Cat House in the afternoon, and went back about 7 PM to check. It had been triggered by Mice, so I reset it. Brick was with me and alerted behind the feed barrels. I looked and the Rat was there. I went back to the house to get a BB gun and Josie. The Rat gave me a quick shot and I hit it in the Eye but a glancing blow. It raced up the wall to a hole in the ceiling and out of sight.

This morning he was in the trap, so I took him out for Josie to play with. She just loves Rats and Mice and will play with them as long as they don't bite her. Play time is over when she gets bit.

https://vimeo.com/181973677    password - owyheeflyer

Hope was at 923 grams today, and still did well. I will give her a few more days getting her used to flying to the fist, then will enter her on Rabbits sometime around the first of next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment