Friday, September 9, 2016

Full of surprises!

Things are beginning to get a bit hectic here now. I went to Winnemucca this morning at 4 AM to get Karen and Mici, her niece off the train from Colorado. A long time friend from Alabama got here last week. Another friend flew in from Brigham City Utah today. A couple form Baton Rouge arrived yesterday afternoon.  another couple from NM tomorrow, three more from Western Oregon will complete our annual fall get together. It is a great time for all of us, good company, lots of food and fun. But busy.

I finally caught up enough to go out to get Hope to see how much I had overfed her. I went out the first time and she flew off the perch when I offered her my fist. I left her for a couple of hours to think about it. I went back again and this time she got on my fist. She weighed 951 grams when I put her on the scales. Then I understood why she had refused the fist the first time. I was pretty sure that I had reached saturation point, but decided to carry her for a bit anyway.

While walking around with her, I noticed that she was trying to jump to different perches to get me to call her. I sat with her a bit, and she kept pulling at my glove, so I tossed a tidbit on the ground. She flew down to it and then back to the fist. I tossed several for her and she was anxious to come to me, so I cut her loose and put her on the hot tub. No problem or hesitation in coming when called. I then started walking away and at about 20 feet she came without me calling. I let her do that three times and then gave her the rest of the food that I had prepared for her. Her keel is pretty well level across.I am actually stalling and repeating lessons unnecessarily because of the demands on my time. Tomorrow will be different. Its time for her to see game.

No comments:

Post a Comment